Monday, August 20, 2012

2012 achievements so far

While I am still far from my goal of reaching a USATT level of 2000 in 2012 (and honestly it's probably impossible in Colorado, since the USATT ranked tourneys are over; but I'm looking more at the playing level than the actual score), I wanted to post my 2 big achievements so far.

In the bi-monthly round robins at top spin, I managed to place first in the medium category. It was not easy but it was a good day:

http://www.butterflyonline.com/static.asp?htmltemplate=/2012/12TSJRR.html

In the 2012 Rocky Mountain state games (which was a USATT ranked tourney) I managed to win the under 1700 tourney. The picture actually has my good friend and coach Angelo Gandullia, who won the Open in an exciting final.

http://www.butterflyonline.com/static.asp?htmltemplate=/2012/12COSG.html

However good these achievements are, the really unsatisfactory performances in bigger tourneys have instilled in me a greater urgency to gain fitness and practice more the attacking style. More on that in another post.

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment